Requirements for Passport Renewal
Below please find the requirements needed to apply for the renewal of a Belizean Passport. Carefully read the requirements listed below and ensure that all the documents are in order prior to your appointment. All requirements must be presented at the time of your appointment, no exceptions allowed.
1. Completed Belize passport application Form with a 2"x2" photo (form attached).
- Separate Application for minors 16 years and under
2. Completed Recommender Form 3A (Form 4A for minors) signed by Justice of the Peace, Minister of
Religion, Medical Practitioner, Notary Public or Attorney at Law. A second 2"x2" photo must be stapled
to the application form bearing the following certification on the back- "I certify that this is a true
likeness of (your name)" signed and stamped by the recommender (form attached).
3. Your Belize passport (expired or 6 months prior to expiration).
4. Original Belize Birth certificate or original Belize Nationality Certificate
5. If you are requesting a name change through marriage or otherwise, you must provide original
marriage certificate, divorce or Dee poll registered in Belize.
6. Valid identification.
7. Service Fee: $100.00 USD for adult, $80 for minors, in money order ONLY. Approximate
waiting period is 6-8 weeks, given that there are no delays. Please note that the waiting period of 6-8 weeks may vary and, thus, we strongly advice you not to book any flight tickets without first having received your new passport. The Consulate will not be responsible for any loss as a result of a missed flight or cruise.
Please note that this is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Monday - Friday.
Consular Hours: 10:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Please keep in mind that this information may vary. We urge you to plan in advance and apply for a
new passport as soon as 6 months prior to the expiration date.