Requirements for First Issue
of Belize Passport
Below please find the requirements needed to apply for the first issue of a Belizean Passport. Carefully read the requirements listed below and ensure that all the documents are in order prior to your appointment. All requirements must be presented at the time of your appointment, no exceptions allowed.
1. Completed Belize passport application with a 2"x2" photo (form attached).
- Separate Application for minors 16 years and under
2. Completed Recommender form 3A (Form 4A for minors) signed and stamped by a Notary Public or a Belizean Justice of the Peace.
A second 2"x2" photo must be attached to the form bearing the following certification on the back- "I certify that this is a true likeness of (your name)" signed and stamped by the recommender (form attached).
3. Original Belizean Birth Certificate or original Belizean Nationality Certificate.
4. If your name has changed from that in your birth certificate or nationality certificate through marriage or otherwise, you must provide original marriage certificate, divorce decree, or deed poll registered in Belize.
5. Copy of valid identification card. Belizean License is not accepted..
6. Service Fee: $100.00 USD for adult, $80 USD for minors, plus a $30 USD FedEx shipping fee in money order ONLY.
Approximate waiting period is 6-8 weeks, given that there are no delays. Please note that the waiting period of 6-8 weeks may vary and, thus, we strongly advice you not to book any flight tickets without first having received your new passport. The Consulate will not be responsible for any loss as a result of a missed flight or cruise.
Your photograph will be taken at the consulate, these are the criteria:
1. Covered shoulders.
2. Pulled back hair.
3. No earrings.
4. No glasses.
Please note that this is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Monday – Friday
Consular Hours: 10:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Please keep in mind that this information may vary. We urge you to plan in advance and apply for a
new passport as soon as 6 months prior to the expiration date.